Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Blueberry Chiffon Cake - 蓝莓戚风蛋糕
Never came across blueberry that could be so cheap - 3 pkts (125 g x3) in total less than S$7! So I decided to heed heaven's call and went ahead to buy and add to my collection of cakes. however, these blueberries came with a tinge of sourness and didn't have the fragrance of blueberries I expected.
110 g egg white
55 g caster sugar
1/2 tablespoon corn flour
40 g egg yolk
36 g corn oil
50 g fresh blueberry puree
60 g fresh blueberry
55 g low protein flour
1 tsp lemon juice
Chiffon cake method.
1) Beat ingredients (A) till stiff but not dry.
2) Mix Ingredients (B) all together till a smooth mixture.
3) Pour cake mixture into a 17 cm clean and non-greased chiffon cake tin.
4) Bake in a preheated oven at 160 deg C for 40 minutes or until cooked.
5) Remove from oven, invert the cake tin immediately. Let it cool completely. Remove cake from the mould. Slice into pieces and serve.