Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Ingredients: (yields 9 cupcakes)
150 g self raising-flour
150 g unsalted butter ( room temperature)
100 g castor sugar
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
3 beaten eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoon poppy seeds
40 ml lemon juice
1 tablespoon castor sugar
"hundreds and thousands" candy bits garnish
1) Preheat oven to 180 degree C。
2) Beat butter until soft. Mix in castor sugar, beat until creamy. Add beaten eggs gradually and mix well.
3) Add vanilla essence, lemon zest and sifted self raising-flour, mix well. Mix in poppy seeds.
4) Pour the batter into cupcake tins. Bake for 15-18 minutes until done. Set aside to let cool.
5) Heat lemon juice and castor sugar until the sugar dissolves. Brush the syrup on top of the cakes. Sprinkle candy bits on top. Serve.
自发面粉 150 克
无盐牛油（室温) 150 克
幼砂糖 100 克
柠檬皮茸 1 汤匙
鸡蛋（打散） 3 个
云呢拿香油 1 茶匙
罂栗籽 2 汤匙
柠檬汁 40 毫升
幼砂糖 1 汤匙
4）加入云呢拿香油，下面粉料搅拌均匀，再拌入 罂栗籽 。
Sunday, October 14, 2012
Monday, October 8, 2012
1/2 chicken, cut into pieces
25 g wolfberry （枸杞）
5 -6 pieces of dang gui (Chinese Angelica), soaked in 2 tbsp of hot water （当归）
50 g seedless red dates （红枣）
4 mushrooms, soaked
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon corn flour/tapioca flour
dash of pepper
1/2 teaspoon sesame oi1
1/2 tablespoon shredded ginger
spring onion - optional
1) Soak wolfberry and red dates for 15 minutes. Remove mushrooms stems, boil with salt and oil for 10 minutes. Cut into pieces.
2) Marinade chicken with light soy sauce, salt, pepper, sugar, dang gui, follow by corn flour, sesame oil, ginger and spring onions. Mix well, transfer them on a plate. Leave aside for at least 15 minutes.
3) Spread mushrooms, red dates and wolfberry on top of chicken.
4) Steam for 25 minutes over high heat.
5) Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!
Saturday, October 6, 2012
4 whole chicken legs , deboned
2 teaspoon salt
1 stalk spring onion
few thin slices of ginger
3 tablespoon Shaoxing wine (Chinese cooking wine, try o get the premium grade)
1) Rub boneless chicken legs with salt.
2) Roll up and tie with cotton strings.
3) Place the rolled chicken on a plate with ginger and spring onion. Steam over medium heat for 15 - 20 minutes or until cooked.
4) When cool, discard spring onions and ginger, transfer chicken rolls and together with the steaming sauce into a container, add in Shaoxing wine. Make sure the chicken rolls are immersed in the sauce. Chill in the fridge for a day.
6) Remove cotton strings, cut into pieces and serve. Enjoy.