Inspired by this recipe, I followed and made this cotton soft chocolate sponge cake today. I topped with chocolate chips. The cake turned out nice and soft, fluffy, and taste so good too., you can see how much my ambassador enjoyed it!!! =D
|2 thumbs up!|
~80 g cake flour
~20 g unsweetened cocoa powder
~40 g sun flower seed oil
~50 g milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
pinch of salt
66 g egg yolk (about 4 large eggs)
130 g egg white (about 4 large eggs)
50 g sugar
1 tsp lemon juice (I used 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar)
1) Preheat oven to 150 deg C. Line a 18 cm square x 7 cm height baking pan with parchment paper.
2) Sift flour and cocoa powder together. Add egg yolks, sugar, oil, milk, salt and vanilla essence into the flour and mix well till smooth with a hand whisk.
3) In a separate big mixing bowl, whisk egg white with 1/4 tsp cream of tartar and sugar with an electric mixer until firm peak form (not dry).
4) Gently fold 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk batter, mix well. Then pour mixture back into (3) mix well with a rubber spatula.
5) Pour batter into cake pan, Tap the pan on a surface for a few times to get rid of big bubbles. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
6) Steam bake the cake on the lower rack in a preheated oven for 65 - 75 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in cake comes out clean.
7) Tap the pan on the surface for 2 to 3 times while hot, remove cake from the pan, leave it cool on the rack completely.