Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pan Fried Minced Pork Omelette


My husband is a pure Cantonese. . I am not very sure whether this is a authentic Cantonese dish or not. But I know when he was a little boy, his mother used to cook this dish for his family. The ingredients are very simple and easy to prepare. if you prefer, you can add a little bit of onion or shallot or spring onion.

Today the reason I post this recipe here is so that my children can refer to in future. They like this egg omelette very much especially my youngest son, he can have it everyday.

A delicious dish does not mean it must comprise of expensive ingredients. This hand-me-down recipe only needs humble eggs and minced meat that you can easily get from your neighbourhood supermarket.

Recipe:

Ingredients:

200 g minced meat (pork)

2 large eggs

salt

light soy sauce

pepper (optional)

corn flour/tapioca flour (1/2 tsp)


Method:


~~1) Heat up wok, add 1 tablespoon oil, stir fry minced meat (add salt to taste) until just cook. Dish out.

~~2)Beat eggs with salt, light soy sauce to taste and corn flour, beat until well mix.


~~3) Add 1 into egg mixture, mix well.


~~4) Pour enough oil into wok, fry egg/meat mixture with medium heat, fry until the egg batter almost firm, then fold into half and continue to fry until crispy and light brown on both sides .







No comments:

Post a Comment