Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Luo Han Guo dessert -罗汉果糖水


Dear readers, I have been very busy taking care of my grand-daughter, so please pardon my lack of updates! But thank you for coming back to check on me. I am very fine. In fact, during this period, I have been cooking daily and experimenting with new dishes.

Today I finally found the time and mood to take photos of what I prepared. This is Luo Han Guo with Winter Melon sweet soup. Luo Han Guo, otherwise known as  Momordica Grosvenon Fruit, can be found at most Chinese traditional medicine shop / supermarkets. Its benefits include relieving cough and reducing phlegm by moistening the lungs.


Recipe:

Ingredients:

600 g winter melon (discard seeds, peel skin, shredded)
1 luo han gou (wash and cut into half or crack it)
80 g dried longans
5 pieces of Chinese slab brown sugar or 350 g rock sugar
3000 ml water
3 pcs pandan leaves (optional)

Method:

1) Put all the ingredients, except sugar, in a big pot and bring to a boil over high heat.  Turn to low heat, cover, continue to cook for 40 minutes or so.

2) Add in sugar and continue to cook for further 20 minutes.

3) Serve hot or cold.

Slab brown sugar

Do note that if you follow the recipe as above, the dessert will turn out sweet. Feel free to add or reduce ingredients / water to suit your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment