Hi! I am back. I have been missing for a short break. Due to the hot weather, I just don't feel like doing any thing.
Anyway, today I came out with a soft and light chiffon cake with slight hints of cheese. It was not very well done though as you can see the cake is full of air holes, but it did not affect the taste and the flavour of the cake at all.
90g fresh milk
60g unsalted butter (room temperature)
30g cream cheese (room temperature)
10g parmesan cheese powder
30g castor sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
100g low protein flour
80g egg yolk
175g egg whites
60g castor sugar
10cc lemon juice ( I use 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar)
1) Place fresh milk, unsalted butter, castor sugar, salt, cream cheese, parmesan cheese powder into a mixing bowl, melt them over a double boiler, mix well.
2) Fold in shifted flour into 1), mix well. Then add in egg yolk, mix till the mixture is incorporated.
3) Beat egg white , sugar and lemon juice till thick and peak form but not dry.
4) Take 1/3 of mixture of 3) mix with egg yolk mixture, then pour into 2/3 egg white mixture. With a rubber spatula fold the mixture till well mixed.
5) Pour the batter into an 8" chiffon cake mould. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree C for 25 -30 minutes or till cooked.
6) Remove from oven, invert the cake mould till the cake is cool. Remove the cake from mould. Cut into pieces and serve.
|Recipe is taken from this book|