I taste coffee, cocoa and walnut, and bite crunchy roasted walnut pieces in fluffy, moist cake. Very nice... there are dimensions when you bite and the fragrance of coffee and walnut goes well together. The moisture of the cake makes it easier to chew and ingest. No time to describe and share more now, gotta have another bite of the cake once more.
250 g self-raising flour
250 g butter (room temperature)
190 g brown sugar
5 whole eggs (with shell @60 g each)
1 teaspoon coffee emulco
3 teaspoon Nescafe (mix with 3 teaspoon warm water)
120 g roasted walnut (diced)
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1) Preheat oven to 175 degree C. Grease an 8" x 8" baking tray and line with parchment paper .
2) Cream butter and brown sugar till soft and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beat till well mixed.
3) Add coffee emulco and and Nescafe mixture into (2). Mix well.
4) Fold in flour and walnut.
5) Divide batter into 2 portions, one portion add in coco powder and mix well.
6) Alternatively pour plain batter and cocoa batter into the baking pan until batter is all used up.
7) Bake for 45 - 50 minutes.