I had bookmarked this recipe very long ago. Yesterday, I finally baked it. It is too nice to be eaten while it is still hot, the cheddar cheese on top is so crispy and fragrant, one loaf had been eaten immediately after baking. It couldn't even last till the next day.
Recipe : ( Makes 2 4"x8" loaf pans)
250g butter (at room temperature)
180g caster sugar
5 nos eggs (A grade)
250g plain flour + 1.1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
150g Cheddar Cheese ( shredded)
1) Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
2) Sieve flour and baking powder together.
3) Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
4) Add in eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
5) Fold in shredded cheese (keep some for topping), then fold in sifted flour and baking powder, mix well.
6) Pour batter into prepared greased pans. Sprinkle cheese over the batter. Bake on oven for 40 -45 minutes or until cooked.