Sunday, November 24, 2013
Lemon and Pistachio Cupcakes
Ingredients: (makes 16)
3 large eggs (about 64 -65 g each with shell)
225 g butter , room temperature
220 g caster sugar
1/2 cup milk
230 g self-raising flour, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
juice of 1/4 a lemon
zest of half lemon
155 g icing sugar, sifted
225 g butter, room temperature
1/2 cup pistachio
1. Preheat the oven to 170 deg C. Line cupcake pan with cupcake papers.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter till light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time. Beat well before each addition.
3. Add milk, flour and vanilla, and stir to combine. Add pistachio nuts, lemon juice and zest, and combine.
4. Divide the mixture evenly between the cake papers Bake for 18 - 20 minutes until risen and firm to touch. Allow to cool for few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool fully before icing.
1. Meanwhile, combine icing sugar and butter, beat till light and fluffy. Add lemon zest and pistachio nuts and mix through. Spoon onto cupcakes in large, loose dollops.