This is my favourite toast bread. The bread is fragrant, it tastes so good and even can eat it by itself without spreading any jam or butter on it.
Recipe: Adapted from Carol's "The Second Book of Baking for Beginners"
You will need a 20cm x 10cm x 10cm baking mould.
320g high protein flour
1 egg ( about 50 g)
3/4 teaspoon instant dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
20g fine sugar
50 g unsalted butter
1) Knead the ingredients except butter to a smooth dough. Add in butter knead till an elastic and smooth dough is formed. Put in a lightly greased bowl, cover and rest for 60 minutes and double in size.
2) After the resting time, punch out the air, divide dough into 2 equal portions (about 300g each). Shape to round. Rest for 15 minutes.
3) Flatten and and roll like Swiss Roll. Rest again for 15 minutes.
4) After resting, flatten the dough and roll again. Shape the loaves and place them in the greased loaf mould. Proof for 60 minutes.
5) Once the dough rises up to 80% of the height of the baking mould, preheat oven to 210 deg C.
6) Once the fermented dough has reached 90% of the height of the baking mould, cover the lid (need to grease the lid also), bake in the oven for 38 - 40 minutes.
7) Remove from oven, demould the loaf on the rack immediately.