Mmm... One bite and the burst of flavours is divine. Very rich and fragrant, I believe that it is the fresh cream that has given this extra oomph. This cake is not the soft and light type. It is abit heavy and dense. I like to go along with a cup of black coffee. What about you?
150g unsalted butter (room temperature)
120g castor sugar
150g egg (about 3 eggs) - lightly beaten
150g low protein flour
50ml fresh cream
30g dried cranberry (diced) - soak with rum until soften
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
Method: (preheat oven to 160 degree C)
1) Beat butter, sugar and salt together until creamy and pale.
2) Add eggs into (1) one at a time.
3) Beat well after each addition.
4) Fold in flour, mix well
5) Add in fresh cream in separate 3 additions.
6) Add in cranberry, mix well.
7) Pour into a 10cm x 20 cm line and grease baking pan, bake for 65 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.