Monday, October 8, 2012

Steamed Chicken With Mushrooms



Add caption

Recipe:

Ingredients
1/2        chicken, cut into pieces
25 g      wolfberry (枸杞)
5 -6 pieces of dang gui (Chinese Angelica), soaked in 2 tbsp of hot water (当归)
50 g      seedless red dates (红枣)
4   mushrooms, soaked

Seasoning:
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon corn flour/tapioca flour
dash of pepper
1/2 teaspoon sesame oi1
1/2 tablespoon shredded ginger
spring onion - optional

Method:
1) Soak wolfberry and red dates for 15 minutes.  Remove mushrooms stems, boil with salt and oil for 10 minutes. Cut into pieces.
2)  Marinade chicken with light soy sauce, salt, pepper, sugar, dang gui, follow by corn flour, sesame oil, ginger and spring onions. Mix well, transfer them on a plate. Leave aside  for at least 15 minutes.
3) Spread mushrooms, red dates and wolfberry on top of chicken.
4)  Steam for 25 minutes over high heat.
5) Serve hot with rice.  Enjoy!




5 comments:

  1. Hi Veronica, my neighbour cooks this dish very often but without the kei chi. Must share with her your way. BTW, I don't have to cook this dish cos' she prepares extra for me, very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veronica, I used to cook something like this too and I love it so much. Next time I must try yours by adding dang gui and dates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimmy, I envy you having a good and helpful neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phong Hong, thank you for reading my blog. I have another quite similar recipe. "steamed chicken with金针,大头菜 and black fungus" which is my mother in-law's signature dish. I must cook this dish before I forget.

    ReplyDelete