If I would have added in more green colouring, the cake should look more attractive.
Sponge Cake: ( you can make your own desired sponge cake)
A) 160g sugar
~~15g cake emulsifier
B) 5 eggs
~~ 120g plain flour
~~ 1 teaspoon baking powder
C) 40 ml water
D) 75g melted butter
1) Pour ingredients A into the mixing bowl and mix well.
2) Add ingredient B and beat till thick.
3) Stir in ingredients C
4) Beat the batter till light and fluffy.
5) Mix ingredient (D) till well blended.. Pour the mixture into a 10" round cakes mould. Bake at 180 degree C for 30 minutes.
6) When the cake is cool, slice horizontally into 2 equal pieces. Cut away the top and bottom crust. Cut and trim the cake into 9" round cake. Leave aside for use later.
80g castor sugar
7 pieces of gelatine leaves (soak in tap water for a while, drain)
3 egg yolks
275g thick coconut milk (santan)
100ml fresh milk
50g pandan juice (extract from 6 pandan leaves)
300g whipped fresh cream
1 no. 9" round cake ring or a 9" round springform pan.
1) Boil milk, coconut milk and sugar over medium heat till sugar dissolves.
2) Add in soaked gelatine and continue boil till dissolve.
3) Add in beaten egg yolks and pandan leaves till boil. Take out and discard pandan leaves.
4) Add in green colouring, leave to cool completely.
5) Fold in whipped fresh cream, mix well.
6) Place a piece of cake onto a springform cake pan, pour half of the pandan cream on top, then place the 2nd half of the sponge cake, and top with the remaining pandan cream.
7) Chill the cake in the fridge until the pandan cream is completely set. Cut into pieces, serve.