Tangy and sour lemon sauce on crispy, fragrant and tender chicken - children would fancy this dish because it is relishing and the sour lemon sauce whets their appetite.
Recipe: Source from Y3K ( Issue No. 74 , 9/10 - 213) with minor modifications of my own.
2 chicken boneless whole leg
1 egg - lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt.
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon tapioca flour
1 teaspoon custard powder
2 tablespoon water
For coating: (mixed together)
3 tablespoon self-raising flour
3 tablespoon tapioca flour
For Lemon Sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
1 lemon juice (squeeze from one lemon)
some lemon pulp
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup of water
For thickening: (mixed together)
1 tsp custard powder
1/2 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tbsp water
1) Marinate chicken with the marinade for 1/2 hour.
2) Dip marinated chicken into beaten egg and coat with flour. Deep-fry in hot oil until crispy.
3) Remove, cool, and cut into pieces. Place on plate.
4) Heat butter on a hot pan until it melts. Pour lemon sauce and bring to boil over medium fire. Add thickening sauce.
5) Drench or drizzle no. 4 over chicken.