Recipe：Adapted from " The second Book of Baking for Beginners by Carol"
Ingredients: Water-roux Starter (tangzhong in Chinese)
250 g milk
50 g high protein flour
1) Combine milk and high protein flour together, mix well.
2) Cook and stir over low heat till mixture has thickened , remove from heat.
3) Cover with cling wrap . Make sure it is cool prior to use. The balance can keep in the fridge for 3 - 4 days.
1) 100 g water-roux starter
2) 250 g high protein flour
3) 50 g low protein flour
4) 1/2 teaspoon instant dry yeast
5) 50 g egg (about 1 egg)
6) 30 g fine sugar
7) 1/8 teaspoon salt
8) 80 c.c.milk or fresh cream
9) 30 g unsalted butter
white sesame seed and sun flower seeds
1 beaten egg, for brushing
1) Combine dough ingredients, except butter in a mixing bowl. Beat or knead it to soft, smooth dough until texture doesn't stick to hands. Add butter, beat or knead dough to glossy, smooth, non-sticky dough again. Now it is ready for fermentation if you are able to stretch it out to a thin "membrane".
2) Shape round and place in a lightly greased bowl, cover and ferment for 60 minutes and double in size.
3) After the resting time, take out dough, punch out the air, divide dough into 8 equal portions (about 70 g each), roll into balls. Cover and rest for 15 minutes.
4) Shape to your desired patterns. Arrange them in a greased baking tray. Proof for 50 - 60 minutes and double in size.
5) Gently brush the top with egg glaze, sprinkle with a little of toppings. Bake in a preheated 170 degree C oven for 15 - 18 minutes till golden brown. Remove from the oven.