Just look at the name of this cake, if you are hoping for a distinctive coffee flavour, I am sorry there is none. . . So, I will add coffee emulco or coffee granule in my next attempt if I am going to bake this again.
Recipe: source from " famous CUISINE issue 80, 2013"
250 g butter
200 g brown sugar (I used 100 g brown sugar and 100 g castor sugar)
250 g self-raising flour
2 tablespoon fresh milk
2 tablespoon Baileys liquor
1) Preheat oven to 160 degree C. Line an 8" square or 9" square baking tray.
2) Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3) Fold in sifted flour and fresh milk, combine well.
4) (a) Mixed 2 tbsp of batter with 1/2 tbsp of baileys. (b)The other mix into the remaining batter, mix well.
(I skip this step).
5) Pour half of the batter (b) into tin . Follow with (a) coffee batter. Then pour the remaining batter, level the surface.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 40- 45 minutes or until a skewer inserts in the center comes out clean.