|Hi, all the dear bloggers and friends. How are you doing? Did you enjoy your CNY?|
Or are you still in the CNY mood?
|I baked these chocolate buns for breakfast. How about you?|
Recipe: (makes 8)
200g bread flour
50g low protein flour
140g - 150g fresh milk (adjust the amount when adding to the flour)
3 g instant dry yeast
40g caster sugar
10g milk powder
25g butter - room temperature
Ingredients for the Bolo pastry:
45g icing sugar
5g milk powder
80g low protein flour
5g cocoa powder
1) Combine ingredients except butter in a mixing bowl . Use a hook whisk to beat on low speed until mixture blended. When dough appears rough and dense, whisk the dough on medium speed , then add butter. Beat until dough is smooth and clean.
2) Leave dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover with a piece of damp cloth, proof in a warm place for 60 -90 minutes.
3) Bolo pastry: Combine butter and icing sugar in a mixing bowl. Use a egg whisk to mix well. Add in egg slowly, mix well, add in milk powder, flour and cocoa powder, salt, mix until the mixture is well blended. Cover with cling wrap paper, leave for 20 minutes.
4) Take out the fermented dough, punch out the gas. Divide dough into 60g each. Roll into round shapes. Cover with damp cloth and leave for 10 minutes.
5) Divide Bolo pastry into 8 equal portions. Flatten and cover top half of the dough (Method 4).
6) Use a rubber spatula to carve the pastry with diamond shapes. Place the dough onto a baking tray. Leave for final fermentation for about 30 minutes or 1.5 bigger in size.
7) Brush with egg wash, bake in a preheated oven (180 degree C) for 15 minutes.