300g high protein flour.
30g castor sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
5g instant yeast (1tsp + 1/4 tsp)
20g unsalted butter
1/2 tsp green tea powder
1/2 tsp curry powder ( I used strawberry emulco)
1/2 red yeast powder -红粷粉 (I don't use)
1) Combine ingredients (A) in a mixing bowl. Beat at slow speed until a dough is formed.
2) Add in unsalted butter continue to beat until a smooth and stretchable dough is formed.
3) Divide dough into 3 equal portions, add one type of colour to each portion. Knead well. Cover with a piece of damp cloth. Rest for 60 minutes.
4) Roll into spherical (ball/round) shape, rest for 15 minutes (cover with a piece of damp cloth). Shape each dough into a rectangular 30cm x 15cm, then roll into cylindrical shape (or thick noodle shape), join and make into plaits. Place it into a loaf pan.
5) Cover pan with lid and leave to proof for 60 minutes.
6) Bake at 190 degree C for 30 minutes, remove from pan once out from oven.