Thursday, April 17, 2014
Easy Shepherd's Pie (2)
This is my improvised version of Shepherd's Pie . I added more grated cheese and crunchy bacon bits on top, I think it is more interesting.
I also used chicken instead of beef. You can see from the pics that the inside is creamy and appetizing. An one-dish meal that is easily prepared by simply heating it up, it is also filling and yummy, I'm sure your kids will like it very much.
Ingredients: Makes 4 18cm x 9cm baking dish (bought from Daiso @SGD2 for 6 pcs)
1 kg potato, peeled
30 g soft butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
450 g chicken fillet, diced
200 g fresh button mushroom, sliced
1 can (300 g) Campbell's Wild Mushroom cream soup (Premium Selection)
150 g to 200 g mixed shredded Cheddar cheese and Mozzarella Cheese
100 g bacon, diced and fry till crispy.
1) Place the potatoes into a small pot, and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook until soft, drain and mash.
2) While the potatoes are cooking, heat up a frying-pan with some oil, fry the diced chicken over medium heat until fragrant. Stir in the button mushroom and cook for a while, add salt and 1/2 chicken cubes to taste. ( Add some cheese into the mixture to thicken the sauce if the sauce is too wet)
3) Mash potato with a folk and add in salt, butter and pepper , mix well.
4) Transfer chicken mixture onto a light oiled baking dish. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the meat. Spread mashed potato evenly over the top. Make some patterns as you like.
5) .Bake in a preheated oven at 200 deg C for 20 - 25 minutes. Sprinkle shredded cheese and bacon bits.
Serve and enjoy.