Friday, April 18, 2014

Healthy Spinach Cream Soup - 健康菠菜浓汤


I am trying to perfect the 'drawing' of designs on the surface of cream soups. You should have seen my very noob attempt on the pumpkin soup; this time I think the hearts can be better made out on the spinach cream soup, yes? :)

This is another easy, fast, economic and nutritious soup. I know there are many children who do not like to eat their greens... By converting into a soup, it is a transformation from fresh vegetables. In order to encourage children to eat  more vegetables, you can even design some patterns or cartoons characters on top to attract them.

Recipe:

Ingredients: (serves 4 -5 pax)

225 g spinach,  washed, drained and cut into small pieces
30 g soft butter
1/2 large onion, diced
1 pip garlic, diced
1 small potato,  peeled, cut into small cubes
250 ml chicken stock or vegetable stock
300 ml UHT milk
1/4 teaspoon lemon rind
salt to taste

fresh cream  - optional

Method:

1) Heat up a wok, place butter, saute garlic and onions over medium until fragrant about 5 minutes.
add in potatao cook for 2 minutes.

2)  Pour stock into (1) cook over  medium heat for 10 minutes until potato is cooked.

3)  Then add in milk, 1/2 portion of spinach and lemon rind and cook for 10 minutes over low heat.

4)  Transfer to a blender, add in the remaining spinach and blend till fine.

5)  Transfer blended soup to a clean pot, and reheat over medium heat until it boils. Add salt and pepper to taste.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Veronica! I have not attempted this type of soup before. I normally just throw my spinach (I love spinach!) into my chicken soup. I must say that I love the green color. Your hearts are almost there and I am sure to see perfect ones in your next soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Veronica,

    Your blog is amazing! I'd love to be in touch with you.
    Would it be possible for you to drop me an email at janecjj_92@hotmail.com?

    Thanks,
    Jan Jee

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very hardworking. My hubby will ask me 'any difference' and I wouldn't have the chance to do any designs. He loves to have soups steaming hot. Not to worry, it's unique and your very own creations.

    ReplyDelete