Friday, April 18, 2014
Healthy Spinach Cream Soup - 健康菠菜浓汤
I am trying to perfect the 'drawing' of designs on the surface of cream soups. You should have seen my very noob attempt on the pumpkin soup; this time I think the hearts can be better made out on the spinach cream soup, yes? :)
This is another easy, fast, economic and nutritious soup. I know there are many children who do not like to eat their greens... By converting into a soup, it is a transformation from fresh vegetables. In order to encourage children to eat more vegetables, you can even design some patterns or cartoons characters on top to attract them.
Ingredients: (serves 4 -5 pax)
225 g spinach, washed, drained and cut into small pieces
30 g soft butter
1/2 large onion, diced
1 pip garlic, diced
1 small potato, peeled, cut into small cubes
250 ml chicken stock or vegetable stock
300 ml UHT milk
1/4 teaspoon lemon rind
salt to taste
fresh cream - optional
1) Heat up a wok, place butter, saute garlic and onions over medium until fragrant about 5 minutes.
add in potatao cook for 2 minutes.
2) Pour stock into (1) cook over medium heat for 10 minutes until potato is cooked.
3) Then add in milk, 1/2 portion of spinach and lemon rind and cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
4) Transfer to a blender, add in the remaining spinach and blend till fine.
5) Transfer blended soup to a clean pot, and reheat over medium heat until it boils. Add salt and pepper to taste.