800 g orange-fleshed pumpkin (without skin)
100 g large onion, peeled and cut
50 g celery, peeled and cut
150 g carrot , peeled and cut
2 pip garlic
30 g soft butter
1000 ml chicken stock or more, adjust to your liking and preference
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
salt to taste
100 ml fresh cream
Mixed herbs (optional)
1) Peeled pumpkin, discard seeds and cut into pieces.
2) Melt butter in a large, deep pan over low heat. When hot, saute onion, garlic until fragrant. Add pumpkin, celery, carrot, potato cook for 5 to 10 minutes, then add stock. Bring to a boil and simmer on low heat until vegetables are soft.
3) When soup is done, let it cool slightly, then transfer to a blender in 2 batches and blend until smooth and fine.
4) Transfer blended soup to a clean pot and reheat over medium-low heat until hot (keep stirring while cooking). Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Add fresh cream and mixed herbs, serve.