Recipe: Adapt from The Nyonya Chef, Author and food consultant - Debbie Teoh
Ingredients: Cheese cake
250 g cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon salt
80 g caster sugar
1 grade A egg
80 g plain flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
1) Preheat oven to 180º C, grease and line a 9" round cake tin.
2) Beat cream cheese, salt, butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg and beat until blended.
3) Fold in sifted flour and baking powder with a rubber spatula. Pour batter into a large piping bag and set aside . Snip the end of the bag and pipe the batter.
Ingredients - Chocolate butter cake
220 g butter
180 g caster sugar
4 grade A eggs
170 g plain flour, sifted
50 g cocoa powder, sifted
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
100 ml fresh milk
1) Beat butter and sugar till creamy, adding egg one at a time, making sure it's well blended after each addition.
2) Fold in sifted flour, cocoa powder, soda and baking powder alternating with fresh milk.
3) Pour 1/3 of the chocolate batter, then pipe the cheese batter on top. Alternate between chocolate cheese batter one more time then finish with the chocolate batter on top.
4) Bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
5) Remove from oven, leave to cool awhile before slicing to serve.