It looks like any ordinary cup cake but you will only relish the true taste of it when you have chewed it and swallowed it down your throat.
Your first bite tastes like a good lemon cake - with just the right amount of moisture and tingy lemon flavour. Surprisingly however, after a few chews, you realise that the cheese - that had been effortly packed into the core of the muffin - kicks in with its rich goodness and full flavour. Now the delightful mixture of lemony cheese fills your mouth and clears your nose.
That's exactly the saying "you never know what it tastes like until you bite into it".
I recommend to eat 2 muffins with a cuppa for an excellent way to kick start your day.
Ingredient : Cream Cheese filling
~ 170 g cream cheese
~ 55 g sugar
~ 1 tablespoon lemon juice
~ 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Cream the above ingredients until light and smooth. Leave aside.
~ 170 g unsalted butter
~ 230 g sugar
~ 6 large eggs
~ 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
~ 250 g cake flour/all purpose flour
~ 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
~ 1/2 teaspoon salt
1) Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
2) Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat with mixer on med/high until fluffy.
3) Add the eggs and 3 tablespoon of lemon juice and beat until well combined.
4) Mix in the flour, baking powder, salt and 2 teaspoon of the lemon zest until just combined.
5) Spoon about 3 tbsp. of the batter into each muffin cups. Place about 1 tbsp. of the cream cheese mixture on top of each portion of batter and cover the cheese with some of the remaining batter (the batter should reach 3/4's of the way to the top of each cup).
6) Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Let the cup cakes cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning over onto the wire rack to cool completely. Use a sifter to sprinkle confectioner's before serving.