Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kuih Kosui (Kueh Ko Swee)




Hi Be Leng, I am very glad that you and your colleagues are reading my blog! Your support will motivate me to prepare more relishing dishes and mouth-watering blog posts.
I have specially made this kuih for you all - Hope you will like it.

Recipe:

Ingredients:
150 g rice flour
180 g tapioca flour
340 g gula melaka/brown sugar
100 g caster sugar
900 ml plain water
1/2 teaspoon alkaline water
1/2 coconut - skinned and grated (add 1/2 teaspoon salt and steam for 10 minutes)
few pandan leaves

Method:
1) Mix rice flour, tapioca flour with 500 ml water.

2) Bring the remaining 400 ml water to a boil with gula melaka , caster sugar and pandan leaves until sugar dissolves. Strain the mixture into the flour mixture, stir well and add alkaline water. Slightly thicken the mixture by stirring instantly over low heat.
3) Greased the small cups. spoon batter into cups and steam for 15 - 20 minutes.
4) When cool, remove from the cups. Serve with grated coconut.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. hi veronica. i am susann frm klg.just joined ur blog. was grateful 2 my sister's ,sis in law frm simpang renggam who gave this link.u have so many great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Susann, thank you for visiting my foodblog. I just came back from China Tour to Silk Road 2 hours ago. Do you know I came from Kluang too? May be one day we can meet up for coffee session.

    ReplyDelete