Thursday, October 28, 2010

Kuih Bahulu ll

Look at this picture, this is my 2nd attempt of baking kuih bahulu. This time I added in chocolate rice and melon seeds. Tasted not bad, but still couldn't get the crust. They looked like muffins.



This was my 2nd batch of my 2nd attempt. I finally cleared my doubts why my kuih bahulu did not turn out with the crust. This time I greased enough oil on muffin moulds and baked at high temperature, at 200 degree for 15 - 20 minutes. I am happy with the results.



Recipe: (adapted from 我的厨房笔记)

Ingredients:

(A)
175 g egg
150 g sugar

(B)

140 g cake flour ( I used stir-fry plain flour refer to older post, Kuih Bahulu)

20 g rice flour

2.5 g double acting baking powder

(C)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence

50 g melted butter

Method:

1) Put eggs into a mixing bowl. Use high speed to whisk until frothy. Add in sugar slowly. Whisk mixture until very light and fluffy (about 20 minutes).

2) Fold flour slowly into egg mixture in one direction. Add in vanilla and melted butter.

3) Pour into greased moulds.

4) Bake in pre-heated oven at 200°C 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.

5) Remove kuih bahulu from moulds.

No comments:

Post a Comment