Source: Malaysia Baking Chef - Alan Ooi
250 g bread flour
3 g salt
40 g fine sugar
4 g (1 tsp) instant dry yeast
125 ml cold fresh milk
25 g egg
30 g butter
60 g butter, 20 g icing sugar, 110 g plain flour
Combine together to resemble butter crumbs. Ready to use.
50 g butter, 20 g icing sugar, 60 g milk powder
Mix all until well combined, divide into 9 equal portion round balls, set aside.
1) Combine all ingredients (A) in the electric mixer with dough hook at low speed, blend together for 1 minute. Add in fresh milk, mix on medium speed to develop the dough for 3-4
2) Put in butter and continue beating for further 8-10 minutes until the dough is fully developed.
3) Remove the dough, and round up dough and place into a greased big mixing bowl or container cover with a piece of damp cloth or plastic wrap to prove in a warm place for 1 hour until dough is double in size.
4) Divide the dough into 9 equal portions, round up the dough and rest for 5 minutes.
5) Flatten slightly each dough, wrap in filling and form into round shapes. Arrange on a greased baking tray, cover with a piece of damp cloth or plastic wrap, prove for 1 hour.
6) Brush dough with beaten egg and top with topping. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degree C for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove and cool on a wire rack.