Monday, July 23, 2012

Steamed Cheddar Cheese Cake



































I was craving for cheese cake and the feeling got stronger when my eyes set sight on Honeybee's fluffy cheese cake  looked nice and yummy, so I decided to give it a try as well. Alas, realised that my oven was down so I had to re-think. With reference to XXXX's recipe, instead of baking in the oven, the cheese cake would be steamed over fire.

To my surprise, the end product turned out to be not as expected. Upon cutting, I realised that the cake has many big pores. This could be due to the introduction of air when folding the flour . It tastes more like traditional Chinese steamed egg cake, and saturated with the taste of Cheddar cheese. I think I still prefer the creamy cheese cake as compared to cheddar cheese ones.

I would not recommend this recipe.





2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I'm sorry to learn that your oven is down...I'll be lost! Hope it'll be fixed soon. Ehh...who is XXXX??lol! 鸡蛋糕也不错啊。:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Veronica, sorry to hear that your oven break down. So are you going to get a new oven or get it repair?

    The steam cake texture look ok to me.

    Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete