Last week I chanced upon one of the blogger's recipe. It was a very very beautiful strawberry swiss roll. The recipe was very easy to follow. I tried and succeeded.
~~1) Texture very soft, light and moist. After the next day remains the same.
~~2) Thumbs up by my "makan kaki".
~~3) Very attractive and creative. Even children were intrigued by it.
The recipe makes 2 swiss rolls as I do not have the right size swiss roll tray, I made one 31 cm x 26 cm swiss roll and one 14 cm heart-shaped cake for my daughter.
Thanks 小本 , for sharing this beautiful recipe.
Click here for Chinese recipe http://www.wretch.cc/blog/bear1210/16700656 give it a try.
A) 6 egg yolks
20 g fine caster sugar
B) 60 g fresh milk
45 g corn oil
C) 100 g plain flour
15 g corn flour
D) 5 egg whites
70 g fine caster sugar
e) 20 g egg white
10 g fine caster sugar
f) edible food red coloring
g) green tea powder, cocoa powder
Filling for the cake: whip 250 g fresh cream with 25 g sugar. Some fresh strawberries cut into 4 halves or into 2 halves.
Method: (chiffon cake method)
~~1) Place ingredients A into a mixing bowl, mix well. Add ingredients B and stir and mix until smooth.
~~2) Add sifted flours (ingredient C) into egg yolk mixture until well blend.
** line greased proof paper/Glad Bake onto a swiss roll tray.
**Take 30 g (about 2 tbsp) from the above premix mixture, add in red colouring .
** Beat ingredient e) until stiff but not dry. Mix together with the red mixture. Put them in a piping bag.
** Pipe out a few triangle shapes on the pre-prepared swiss roll tray. Bake in preheated oven for 1 1/2 minutes at top temp 190 deg. C and bottom temp. 180 deg C. Remove from oven immediately when is done.
Come back to the sponge cake:
1) Beat 5 1/2 egg whites ((about 210 g, the 1/2 egg white is from (e) until peak form but not dry.
2) Mix in the balance egg yolk mixture until mixture is well combined.
3) Pour into the swiss roll tray, use a spatula to level evenly. Bake for 12 - 13 minutes at 190 degree C.
4) When cool, spread fresh cream and place strawberries, roll up and put in the fridge for about 20 -30 minutes.
5) 2 different small bowl fill with little of cooked cold water. One mix with green tea powder, the other mix with cocoa powder.
6) Take out swiss roll, use a very fine brush to draw sepals/leaves in green, and cocoa mixture for tiny dots on the strawberries.
HAPPY BAKING ~~~