180g caster sugar
185g extra light olive oil
3 large eggs
225g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
250g carrots, grated
50g chopped almonds
50g sultanas/raisins, chopped
50g cranberries, chopped
Cream Cheese frosting:
280g cream cheese (room temperature)
3 tablespoon icing sugar
1) Preheate oven to 180 degree C. Meanwhile place sugar and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Beat with electric beater until well mixed, about 3 minutes.
2) Add eggs one at a time, beating well each addition.
3) Sift flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together. Gradually fold the dry mixture into the sugar and egg mixture.
4) Fold carrots, almonds, sultanas and cranberries into the mixture.. Do this in batches so that everything is well folded.. Pour batter into an 8" x 8" greased and lined baking pan.
5) Bake in the oven for 40 - 50 minutes and until cooked.
6) Meanwhile, prepare frosting.
Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth, about 4 - 5 minutes. Add icing sugar and beat well.
7) Once the cake is cooled, about 20 minutes. Spread the cream cheese frosting over and leave in the fridge to set.