Today is Deepavali. I would like to wish all who celebrate the festival of Lights a very Happy Deepavali Day.
In my older post , I mentioned my family and I like Northern Indian food. The other day I chanced upon this link (love2cook-malaysia.com), I saw this recipe and it inspired me to cook this dish for a special festive - Deepavali day.
~1 whole chicken
~ 3 tablespoon ginger - garlic paste
~ 2 large onions - slliced
~ 3 green chilies - sliced
~ 2 - 3 tablespoon chili powder
~ 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
~1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
~ 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
~ 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds (jintan putih)
~ 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds ( biji Adas)
~ 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (halba)
~ some coriander leaves for garnishing
~ 2 tablespoons coconout paste (kerisik)
~ salt to taste
~ cooking oil
~ little water (I used 1/2 cup of water)
1) Clean and pat dry the chicken. Cut into medium size. Marinate the chicken with chili powder, turmeric powder, corriander powder, gram masala powder and salt for 15 minutes.
2) Heat up oil in wok, saute cumin seeds, fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds until fragrant. Add in sliced onions and green chilies, stir -fry for 1 minute. Add in the ginger-garlic paste, stir-fry for for another 1 minute.
3) Pour marinated chicken , stir and cook covered for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally until the chicken is cooked.. Add some water if it is too dry.
4) Add salt to taste. Keep stirring for another 5 minutes or so, to make it drier.
5) Finally add in the kerisik. Mix well.
6) Garnish with corriander leaves and serve.