A) 220g salted butter
6 egg yolks
B) * 50g dried fig ) *use electric blender to blend till fine
* 50 ml water )
C) 6 egg whites
D) 260g flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
50g fig, chopped.
1) Cream butter and sugar till light. Beat eggs one at a time.Beating well after each addition.
2) Add B ingredients into the above mixture and mix till well blended.
3) In another big and clean mixing bowl, beat C ingredients till stiff. Add to the above batter and mix well combined.
4) Fold in sifted flour and baking powder and mix well incorporated.
5) Add D, mix well.
6) Pour batter into an 8" x 8" lined and greased baking pan. Bake at 180 degree C for 50-60 minutes or skewer inserts into the cake comes our clean.
7) Cut and serve.
|I bought this packet of dried figs in Turkey on my recent trip to Greece and Turkey.|