300g butter (room temperature)
250g caster sugar
250g plain flour
5g baking powder
20g milk powder
100 ml fresh milk
12 teaspoon pandan essence
1/4 teaspoon strawberry emulco
15g cocoa powder
1) Preheat oven to 160 degree C, grease and line a 18 cm (7 inches) square baking pan.
2) Beat butter and sugar till soft and creamy.
3) Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4) Sift together the flour, baking powder and milk powder. Fold into (3), alternately fold in fresh milk. Mix until well combined.
5) Divide batter into 3 portions. Stir in pandan essence and strawberry emulco respectively. The other retains the original flavour.
6) Spoon and spread batter alternately into prepared pan, sprinkle cocoa powder through a sieve on each layer, repeat the steps until done.
7) Bake in oven for 50-60 minutes or until cooked.
Food review: Looks colourful and tastes more confusing than it looks! In my opinion, the flavours clash with one another and the cake ends up too sweet. Next time, I will try to only add colouring without the flavours, and reduce sugar content at the same time.