Never in my many years of cooking experience could I imagine that pineapple cooked in curry chicken will be so delicious. One is sour while the other is spicy and tangy, they are not compatible ingredients! ( I ever cooked fish, prawns curry with pineapple but not chicken). But the magic about cooking is that you'll never run out of recipes to experiment with.
The ingredients for this dish are mainly cooked using fresh ingredients. It does not have spices like cumin powder, fennel, coriander powder and curry powder. Ha, never expected it too, did you? My family members liked it very much. A unique taste of curry.
Recipe: Adapted from Yum Yum issue No.79
* 8 fresh red chillis
* 6 chilli padi
* 5 shallots
* 5 candle nuts (buah keras)
* 2 stalks lemongrass (serai)
* 2 cm lengkuas
* 2 cm tumeic
* 3 pieces kafir lime leaves
3 tablespoon cooking oil
3 chicken whole legs (about 700 g), cut into pieces
400 ml diluted coconut milk
1 piece assam keping (tamarind slice)
3 springs daun kesom
1/2 pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
100 ml thick coconut milk
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
1) Heat up 3 tablespoon oil in a wok, saute grounded ingredients over low heat until fragrant.
2) Add in chicken and stir well. Add in diluted coconut milk, assam keping, daun kesom and bring to boil.
Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes until chicken meat is tender.
3) Put in pineapple, thick coconut and continues to cook for 10 minutes. Add seasoning to taste. Serve with rice.