Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Steamed Bean curd with Golden Eggs - 金银蛋蒸豆腐
With simple ingredients yet it can turn out to be a delicious dish! This dish is suitable for toddlers and old age ah ma and ah kong because it is savoury and melts in your mouth (except the meat). To add on, it is rich in protein (good for muscles and growth)!
Recipe: Adapted from hoho jiak! Hawkers' Fair
2 salted egg yolks (I used one only)
1 block soft bean curd
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp chopped garlic
200g minced meat
1/4 tsp salt
Dash of pepper and sesame oil
1/2 tablespoon corn flour
150 ml water (Note: I used 120 ml)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar (Note: I did not add)
Dash of pepper
1) Steam salted egg yolk till cooked. Mash it while still hot.
2) Beat the egg with seasoning A, add in (1) and mix well.
3) Place beancurd into a dish and pour (2). Steam for 8 minutes over high heat.
4) Saute chopped garlic till fragrant, add minced meat and stir-fry until the meat is cooked. Add in seasoning B and mix well.
5) Pour over the steamed beancurd. Garnish with fried shallots and spring onion.