This chocolate cheese brownie is one of my family's favourate cake. The recipe was given to me by my relative. It had been quite long since I last baked.
This cake is easy to be sliced with just one swift motion of a fork. When placed inside your mouth, you can immediately smell and taste the heavenly mix of cocoa and cheese combination. The cake is soft, yet moist, giving it just the right texture as you savour the rich mix of flavours. Soon you realise you need to put another slice of the cake into your mouth, and the wonderful mouth experience repeats itself. Just the perfect way for a lazy afternoon with a cup of tea or cuppacino.
Ingredients A :
--250 g cream cheese
--100 g sugar
1) Beat cheese and sugar until soft.
2) Add in egg and beat until very light and soft. Leave aside.
Ingredient B :
-- 250 g butter
-- 3-4 tablespoon cocoa powder
-- 130 g sugar ( if you think is too sweet you can reduce the amount of sugar)
-- 2 whole eggs
-- 130 g self raising flour.
-- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1) Melt butter over a double boiler, remove from heat, add in cocoa powder to mix well. Leave aside for later use.
2) In another bowl beat eggs and sugar until light and foamy.
3) Add in melted butter to combine well.
4) Gently fold in flour until forms batter.
5) Pour 1/2 mixture 'B' into a 10" x 10" greased and lined cake tin, then pour in
mixture 'A' and top with the remaining mixture 'B'.
6) Bake at 160° C for 45 minutes or until cooked.