150 g butter, softened slightly
150 g caster sugar
180 g self-raising flour, sifted
50 ml fresh milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
40 g butter
120 g cream cheese, softened at room temperature
140 g icing sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp strawberry paste
1) Preheat oven at 190 degree C.
2) Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3) Beating in eggs one at a time. Ensure each egg is well-incorporated before adding the next one.
4) Fold in half the sifted flour, add milk and vanilla and then fold in the remaining flour without over-mixing or beating the mixture.
5) Fill paper-lined patty tins with cake batter, filling them up 3/4 full.
6) Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cakes are well risen and golden brown.
7) In a mixer beat butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add in icing sugar and strawberry paste, till well mixed.
8)Swirl frosting onto cooled cupcakes.