200g bread flour
50g wholemeal flour
20g fine sugar
5g dried yeast (not instant yeast)
20g unsalted butter
1) Mix egg and water together, lightly beat.
2) Place sugar, salt, and yeast into mixing bowl, add egg mixture and blend well.
3) Add flours into 2) and beat till a rough dough is formed. Add in butter continue to beat till form a smooth and elastic dough.
4) Take out the dough and shape into round and smooth ball, place into a lightly greased big bowl. Cover with a piece of damp towel and rest for 40 minutes. Poke your finger in the middle of the dough, when you remove your finger, the hole does not sink, that is the test of a good fermented dough.
5) Punch out the gas and roll into round again. Rest for 5-10 minutes (cover with a piece of damp towel).
6) Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough into rectangular shape, and roll up to a long oval shape (2 ends are sharp). Slash center and sides with a sharp knife. Spray water on top and coat with oats and sesames seeds. Leave to ferment for 40 minutes or till double in size. (cover with a piece of dry towel).
7) Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degree C for 30 minutes.