Wow! It really tastes good. The sweetness and sourness is just right, and the meat is juicy. This dish is as good as restaurant standard. Give it a try and make sure you cook more rice on that day.
1) 600 g spare ribs
2) ½ tablespoon fermented red beandcurd (南乳)
3) ¼ teaspoon five spice powder
4) 1 tablespoon Chinese rose wine
5) ½ teaspoon MSG (or chicken stock) - optional
6) ½ teaspoon Sugar
7) ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
8) 1 tablespoon Light soy sauce
9) ½ tsp. Pepper, ½ tsp. sesame oil
10) 2 level tablespoons Corn flour
11) 1 medium size tomato
12) 2 slices of pineapple
13) coriander leaves for decoration
14) 1 teaspoon of diced garlic
- 4 tablespoon Chinese vinegar (浙醋)
- 2 level tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (急汁)
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
1) Cut the spare rib into short pieces , mix well with ingredients 1 to 9 above and marinate for at least 1 hour.
2) Mix the corn flour into the mixture in (1) , then fry in hot oil till golden brown and cooked. Dish and drain for the next step.
3) Heat up 2 table spoon of oil and fry the diced garlic till fragrant. Put in the fried spare rib, mix well and add Chinese wine. Add in the sauce mixture and quickly stir fry the spare ribs for a minute.
4) Dish up onto a plate and garnish with slices of tomato, pineapple and coriander leaves, etc.