|alternatively you can steam ingredients (A) with ingredients (B) together |
(A) 300g rice flour
~~ 1 tablespoon wheat starch powder （澄面粉）
~~ 1200 ml water
~~ 4 tablespoon oil
~~ 1 teaspoon salt
2 dried Chinese mushrooms - soaked and cut into small cubes
40g minced meat - diced
30g carrot - cut into small cubes.
2 tbsp preserved radish -diced (菜脯碎)
1/2 teaspoon garlic - diced
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp pepper
1.1/2 tsp oyster sauce or dark soy sauce
chilli, coriander leaves, spring onions and deep fried crispy shallots
1) Combine and mix ingredients (A) in a big bowl or container, leave aside for 4 hours. Drained.
2) Cook (1) over slow heat, keep stirring until the batter becomes thick, remove away from heat. Spoon the batter into a greased 10" square mould or into small ramekins. Steam for 30 minutes and until cooked.
3) Heat up2 tbsp oil in the wok , stir-fry garlic until fragrant, add in all ingredients (B). Fry well for few minutes, add seasoning to taste,and dish up.
4) Remove rice cake from mould, and top with (3), and garnishing, serve.
Note: 1) Let ingredients (A) to rest for 4 hours, this will give the rice cake a bouncy ( QQ) texture.
2) When you are steaming ingredients (A) and ingredients (B) together. You need to cook the flour mixture till lightly thicken then add in your ingredients B, mix well. Then transfer to the steaming bowls or containers.