Sunday, May 22, 2011
Baked Soft Beancurd Cheese Cake-嫩豆腐乳酪蛋糕
When Eastern cooking ingredient meets the Western Cheese, what is the chemical reaction? I am not going to tell you, you go and find out. Is it interesting? Ya, this is something very special and is a must try combination. I would say the cake tastes good, however, it will not be your cup of tea, so is up to you to decide.
160 g cream cheese
40 g caster sugar
80 g soft bean curd (Chinese bean curd or doufu in Chinese pronunciation)
30 g concentrated passion fruit cider vinegar (I used diluted apple cider vinegar)
10 g corn flour
90 g egg white
Jel fix 20 g + 5 g passion fruit cider vinegar mix well; brush on top of the cake surface ( when the cake is cooled).
You need one 14.5 cm x 14.5 cm square frame or a spring form cake pan. Grease and line with greased-proof paper.
1) Use aluminium foil to wrap up the cake tin as picture shown.
2) Place soft (at room temperature) cream cheese and caster sugar into a small mixing bowl, over a pot of hot water, beat and stir until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
3)Use a sieve to grate bean curd (doufu) into cheese mixture (method step 2). Keep stirring until mixture becomes smooth and fine, take of flame and...
4) Add in vinegar continues to beat (hand whisk) until all well mixed.
5) Add in corn flour and egg white , use hand whisk to beat and mix until mixture are well combined.
6) Use rubber spatula to scrap them into the prepared mould.
7) Put it in the preheated oven and water bath (steam-baked) at 180 Degree C for 30 minutes.
8) Brush cake surface with jel fix. Chill cake in the fridge.
~ 嫩豆腐 80克
做法：（准备一个14. 5cm x 14.5 cm 正方形慕斯框）