200g bread flour
10 g wholemeal bread flour
15 g fine sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 g (1/2 tsp) instant dry yeast
10 g milk powder
30 g whole egg
100g plain water
B) 15 g unsalted butter
80 g high melting point cheddar cheese
4 pieces of ham
D) Black sesame seeds for decoration
1) Place ingredients A into a mixing bowl, beat at slow speed until form a smooth dough.
2) Add in unsalted butter, beat at medium speed till form a smooth and elastic dough.
3) Place dough in a big bowl, cover with cling-wrap or damp cloth. Leave them in a warm place and proof dough for 80 minutes.
4) Prepare filling: one piece of ham wrap in one piece of cheddar cheese.
5) Divide dough into 4 equal parts. roll into small balls, cover and leave to rest for 10-15 minutes.
6) Shape them to 18 cm x9 cm rectangle .
7) Place one ham and cheese filling on top, roll them into cuboid shape.
8) Cover with cling-wrap and rest for 30 minutes.
9) Brush with egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
10) Put in preheated oven and bake for 18 minutes at 190 degree C.
Recipe adapted from 孟老师的100道面包