While my husband was driving me home from Ang Mo Kio. I tuned to FM 97.2 -.” 我爱厨房”. DJ Ms Violet Tan Feng Ying was reading out the recipe of “Mango Mousse Crepe”. The ingredients are easy to get and the method is also very easy to follow. So I gathered all the ingredients on the way home and started making the crepe as soon as I reached home.
I quite like this mango mousse crepe. It is not very sweet and has a strong fragrant of mango. It is an ideal dessert after meal. Yes of course, perfect with a cup of cappuccino or red tea.
Recipe for crepe
Ingredients: (As I wanted to make my own crepes, I don’t buy ready make crepes)
½ cup plain flour
1 tablespoon butter (melted)
1½ cups milk
1 whole egg
½ teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
1) Mix all the ingredients till well mix.
2) Lightly grease a non-stick frying pan, Spoon enough batter to fry with low heat (the crepe should be slightly bigger than 18 cm in diameter).After each crepe, grease the pan again before making the next crepe. Keep crepes for use later.
3) If you do not want to make your own crepe, ready made crepes are available at any Super-Markets. Cut the crepes into 18 cm round pieces.
Ingredients for mousse:
75 g fresh milk
75 g sugar
2 yolks (lightly beaten)
10 g gelatine leaves –(soak in water until soften)
40 g water
300 g Mango cubes
300 g fresh cream
5 pieces Crepe (available at any Super-Markets)
1) Prepare a 18 cm spring form pan.
2) Beat fresh cream. Leave in the fridge for later use.
3) Place fresh milk and sugar into a small pot, stir at low heat until sugar dissolves (do not boil).
4) Remove from stove and add in egg yolks. Whisk with egg beater until the mixture becomes thick. Put the pot to the boil (low heat) again, stir for few minutes and add soften gelatine leaves, stir and make sure the gelatine has thoroughly dissolved.
5) Remove the pot from heat ,add mango cubes into (4). Mix well.
6) When the mixture becomes cool, add whipped fresh cream combine well. Divide the mousse into 4 portions. Each portion is about 200 g (200g x 4).
7) Place a piece of crepe into the base of cake tin, pour 200 g mousse over the crepe and level it, place 2nd piece crepe over the mousse, and pour another mousse mixture on top, repeat the same until you have finished all the mixture.
8) Chill in the fridge till it is totally set..
ENJOY! Even More Heavenly If mango is replaced with Durian. 2 scoops of ice cream as well, I hear someone is saying ………………..