Recipe: Adapted from The Second Book of Baking for Beginners by Carol
Ingredients for the filling:
80g unsalted butter ( I use salted butter) - room temperature
60g icing sugar
10g Parmesan cheese powder
80g full cream milk powder
15g egg - beaten
270g High Protein flour
30g low protein flour
1/2 teaspoon instant dried yeast
50g egg (about 1 egg)
1/8 teaspoon salt
30g unsalted butter
some dessicated coconut
Method for filling:
1) Beat unsalted butter till creamy.
2) Add in icing sugar continue to beat until well combine.
3) Add in parmesan cheese powder and milk powder into (2) mix well with a spatula.
4) Add in egg, mix well to form a dough.
5) Add in cranberries, mix well.
6) wrap with cling-wrap, chill in the fridge until use.
Method for the dough:
1) Put all the ingredients (except butter) into a mixing bowl, beat until a smooth dough is formed.
2) Add in butter and beat until the dough is smooth and elastic.
3) Place dough into a lightly greased big bowl, cover with a piece of damp cloth or cling-wrap for first proofing 1-1.1/2 hours till double in size.
4) Scale dough into 8 equal portions (about 70g each), roll into round. Cover and rest for 10-15 minutes.
5) While waiting, take out the filling from fridge, divide into 8 equal portions (about 33g each) roll into round. Leave aside.
6) Lightly flatten the dough with a rolling pin into a flat disc (about 12cm in diameter). Place a filling (5) in the center. Gather edges and seal. Make sure the edges are seal nicely.
7) Arrange them onto a greased baking tray and spray water on the surface. Put inside the oven for final proofing for 50-60 minutes till double in size.. Take them out from the oven just 8-10 minutes before the ending of the proofing time. Preheat the oven at 170 degree C.
6) Brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with dessicated coconut. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes till golden brown.