The main ingredients used in Nonya Kuihs is usually flour. Add sweet potatoes into this traditional dessert not only enhance the natural colour and flavour of the kuihs, this fibre-rich root also makes them delicious and nutritious.
Sweet Potato Layer:
500g purple sweet potato, steam and mash
100g rice flour
100g tapioca flour
2pc pandan leaves
550ml diluted coconut (take 150ml boil with pandan leaves > discard pandan leaves. You can skip this step if u think is too troublesome)
Coconut Layer: (B)
500ml thick coconut milk (boil 150ml with pandan leaves for few minutes > discard pandan leaves. you can skip this step if u think is too troublesome)
50g rice flour25g tapioca flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 pandan leaves
1) Mix all the ingredients (A) together, strained.
2) Grease the small cups. Fill 3/4 full of (1) each cup and steam for 8 minutes.
3) Mix all the ingredients (B) together. Strain.
4) Fill the cups to the brim of (2). Steam for 5 minutes.
5) Leave to cool then remove the kuihs from the small cups.
thanks for sharing~~!! ^^ReplyDelete
Your purple kueh talam really great! I always like to add vege inside my bakes or cooking too. Have a nice day!ReplyDelete
Hi Veronica, your sweet potatoes kuih look good. Love the color, very pretty. Thanks for sharing the recipe.ReplyDelete
Have a nice day.
Your purple Kuih Talam looks beautiful. Do you need to double boil the batter to thicken before pouring into the cups to steam ?