It is really awesome The mousse is so creamy and fragrant. After the first bite you will definitely ask for more. Give it a try, I am very sure you will love it if you are a yam lover.
A) For a 10"Sponge cake:
4 egg yolks
50 ml concentrated coconut milk
60 ml corn oil
B) 110 g optima flour
55 g softasilk flour
12 teaspoon vanilla essence
pinch of salt
35 g grated yam (steamed)
C) 4 egg whites
60 g sugar
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1) Mix all the A ingredients with B ingredients.
2) In another clean and dry mixing bowl, beat C ingredients till peak form.
3) Mix 1 and 2 together, mix well.
4) Bake in preheated oven at 165 degree C for 25 - 30 minutes.
5) When cooled, slice the cake horizontally into 2 layers. Leave aside.
250g fresh cream, whipped
220 ml concentrated coconut milk
300g grated yam (steamed and mashed)
3 egg yolks
20g gelatine powder , mix with some hot water
2 tablespoon condensed milk
A few drops of purple colouring
1) Heat up concentrated coconut milk with grated yam. Blend the mixture until very smooth and free of lumps. (double boiling method)
2) Add in sugar, cook till dissolved. Add in egg, mix well, remove from heat. Add in gelatine powder, mix well.
3) Add condensed milk, mix well.
4) Mix the above mixture with whipped fresh cream.
5) Place a layer of sponge cake into the cake tin (spring form or removable base cake tin), spread 1/2 of the mousse mixture over the cake. Then place the 2nd layer of sponge cake on top before spreading the remaining mousse mixture over the cake (alternate cake and mousse layers). Chill in the fridge until the mousse has set.
6) Cut and serve. Enjoy!