Thursday, October 2, 2014
Blueberry Pound cake - 蓝莓磅蛋糕
The blueberry pound cake belongs to one of the classic pound cakes. When compared to the everyday pound cake, it contains a smaller ratio of sugar and butter and eggs. This is why the blueberry pound cake lacks some of the iconic strong flavour commonly associated with the common pound cake. However, the soft and moist texture due to the sour cream mixed with the light fragrance of the blueberry have resulted in a uniquely flavourful creation.
170 g All purpose flour (Plain flour)
30 g Almond flour
5 g Baking powder
2 whole eggs (lightly beaten)
130 g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
120 g fine sugar
120 sour cream
a pinch of slat
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
* 70 g fresh blueberry (lightly dust with 1 tablespoon of plain flour)
1) Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2) Add egg in 4 batches, until well blended.
3) Add in sour cream and vanilla.
4) Fold in flour with the help of rubber spatula, mixed well.
5) Add in blueberry.
6) Pour mixture onto a lightly greased tin. Bake in preheated oven at 170 deg C for 40 -45 minutes and until cooked.