Just simply like this easy and healthy steamed chicken for today's dinner.
1/2 Royale or Kampong chicken
15 g small dried black fungus
5 g Cordycep flowers (虫草花）
1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
dash of rice wine (optional) to taste
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon corn starch
some shredded ginger
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
spring onion and coriander leaves
1) Wash, clean and pat dry the chicken. Cut into pieces and put in a bowl.. Marinate with seasoning and put in the fridge (covered with clingwrap) for 30 minutes.
2) Soak dried black fungus with warm water for 2 hours. Remove the stem, clean and drain.
3) Soak cordycep flowers with tap water for few minutes, clean and drain.
4) Arrange black fungus and cordycep flowers in a deep dish, and place chicken on top of them. Steam over high heat for 25 minutes.
5) Sprinkle spring onions and coriander leaves as you like. Serve.