Recipe: (adapted from 美味糕点新主张)
120g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
65g icing sugar
120g egg yolk
120g egg whites
65g fine sugar
120g low protein flour
30g cream cheese (at room temperature)
50g u unsalted butter (at room temperature)
15g icing sugar
1tsp orange juice
1/2 orange rind
Methods: Preheat oven to 170 degree C.
1) Beat butter and sugar till fluffy and its colour turns white.. Add in yolks and beat until all well mixed.
2) In a clean bowl, beat egg whites with sugar till thick but not hard.
3) Take 1/3 of egg white mixture (meringue) mix to the mixture 2, use a rubber spatula to stir well, then fold in 1/3 of the flour, scrap gently from bottom and mix evenly.
4) Lastly, add in the remaining meringue and flour, mix until mixture is all well blended.
5) Deposit mixture into paper cupcakes or baking moulds till 3/4 full.
6) Bake for 20 minutes or till cooked. Leave to cool.
7) Decorate cake with cheese frosting to your liking.
Beat cream cheese, butter and sugar till smooth and its colour turns white. Add in orange juice and zest.
Ready to use.