What's for dinner tonight? I opened my fridge, I 've got spring onions, beef and ginger. So I decided to cook this simple yet tantalizing dish for dinner.
300 g beef
50 g spring onion (cut into portions)
50 g ginger (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon 'shao shin' wine
- 1/2 bowl water
1) Cut beef crosswise into thin slices. Marinate with
- quarter teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon light soya sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- dash of pepper
2) Heat wok. Parfry beef then dish out. Leave 1 tablespoon of oil in wok. Stirfry ginger until fragrant. Add spring onion, stirfry for 1 minute until soft.
3) Quickly add in gravy and beef. Stirfry until beef is tender. Thicken with starch.
4) Serve hot. (optional: Add a dash of pepper)
Simple dish but goes very well with hot plain rice!