Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Boston Cheese Cake
~ ~150 ml milk
~~20 g sugar
~~20 g corn flour
250 g Cream Cheese
~ ~Zest of 1/2 lemon
~~130 ml Whipping cream (whipped before use)
~~2 tablespoon plain flour
~~60 g sultanas
~~3 Egg Whites
~~60 g sugar
~~1 tablespoon lemon juice
1)Bring 100 ml of milk from (A) with the sugar to the boil. Add the remaining milk,egg yolks and cornflour. Continue to cook till it thickens. Leave to cool. Set aside.
2) Beat the cream cheese till smooth and light. Add in the cooled (A). Mix till well blended.
3) Add (C) and mix till evenly blended.
4) Add (D) and mix till well combined.
5) Whip the egg whites in (E) till foamy. Add the sugar and lemon juice. Continue to whip till stiff, then add in to the cheese mixture and mix well.
6) Line a 9" round mould with greaseproof paper on the bottom and sides.
7) Place the sponge cake on the bottom, then pour cheese batter onto it. （Sponge cake recipe is not given here, You may use your own recipe).
8) Bake in water bath at 150 degree C for about 2 hours or until the centre is set and the surface turns light golden brown. Remove the cake from the oven.
9) Unmould the cake only when it is totally cool.
Recipe reference from Alex Goh (Creative Making Of Cakes)